Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Five Hours!

It took me three hours to get to Joliet! And two hours to get home! I was so stressed and annoyed. But my kids were great. There was very little freak-outs. I had to stop at the Econo-lodge to use the restroom. I let the boys run around on the grass for a few minutes.
We finally got to the pick-up spot to get my father-in-law.
My concern is my planning ahead and our schedule. The traffic was so bad because of an accident. If I knew how to look that up on my phone, I would have. Maybe. And if I had known we would have been late, I could have planned dinner.
As it was, the kids and I ate dinner about 1 1/2- almost 3 hours late. Both kids went to bed late. So my issue is, how disruptive is it to be delayed like that? How often can I do that until my schedule is no longer? How can I avoid mishaps like that? How can I plan ahead effectively? Can I justify spending money on stuff I normally wouldn't? Like dinner out?

Whenever I go out of my county, I make sure to get gas. It's cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment