Monday, July 13, 2015

Mom's Birthday

I almost had a nervous breakdown today. So much stuff to do, so little time.

Around 4:30, we finally started getting in the car to go to my Mom's house, for her birthday party. She had a poster board up from a previous birthday- it had well wishes and photos from all stages of her life. It was made ten years ago, and it's odd to think how far the technology has come; we could make a much different one today. I don't even really remember that party, but I'm sure I was a mess.
Today I was able to bring food, gifts made with care, my kids, and my camera. I know that family is the most important thing to me, and I am so grateful I'm able to show up. I can really be present with the fam.
Also, I remember to take photos so that I can preserve physical reminders of events and trigger memories. And so I can make great scrap and photo books.
I try to journal everyday too.
Happy Birthday Mom!! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment