Monday, August 31, 2015

Banana-Nut Grahm Muffins

Banana-Nut Graham Muffins
The whole family likes these! They are moist (a word I dislike) and they have real fruit in them, which leads me to believe they are healthy. The Hubs says they remind him of my sister. Weird, I know.
Prep Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 33 min. | Makes: 12 servings (I feel like I should have doubled)
Ingredients:
16 Graham crackers, finely crushed. I smacked the heck out of them while they were still in the package. But the recommended way is putting the crackers in a resealable plastic bag. Crush the grahams by rolling a rolling pin over the bag
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1 cup fat-free milk (I used almond milk)
2 tbsp. honey
2 fully ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I think these are optional.)
Make it:
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Combine graham crumbs, sugar, and baking powder until well blended. Mix all remaining ingredients except nuts in large bowl. Add graham mixture; stir just until moistened. (There's that word again!)
3) Spoon into 12 paper-lined muffin cups; top with nuts (unless you deemed these optional)
4) Bake 15-18 min. ( I baked for 16, and my toothpick came up clean) or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 min. Remove to wire rack; cool slightly. (I never do this step.)
Nutrition Info Per Serving:
160 calories, 4 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 16g sugars, 3g protein
This recipe came from the back of a Nabisco Graham Cracker box.

No comments:

Post a Comment