Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Swim Lessons

Today was the first day of The Boy's swim lessons! It was actually a make-up class because he was sick on his actual first day. It was so much easier than I anticipated. And I think he really enjoyed it! I saw him from the 'observation deck'; the teacher was pulling him around and he looked really intent and serious. I hope he actually enjoyed it; we have about seven more sessions left.
I went to the Y as a child, and I am happy to say that it looks different. I also feel the weight of what they are doing in that space. There is a woman's center, for classes and advocacy and immediate assistance. There is playground out back for the kids. And there are places for clothes donation and a book exchange.
The Baby really wanted to get in the water too.
I'm really looking forward to Thursday swimming! And I'm looking forward to scheduling a swim trip at my grandmother's.

No comments:

Post a Comment