Sunday, February 22, 2015

Church Service

Unless the weather is terrible, we go to church. Just me and the kids, not The Hubs. The Baby stays with me and my mom in the sanctuary, and The Boy goes downstairs to the nursery. Today at the service, there was a toddler in front of us and the usual 3-year-old wandering around. The service was long this morning, and those kids were distracting. Obviously I'm a mom too, and I want my kids to be exposed to our faith, to our words, to our rituals. But I also want to be respectful to other congregants. And I need to make sure my expectations of my children are reasonable. And I don't think expecting my two year old to sit through an entire service is reasonable.
Whenever I see kids in the service, I just want to know why. Are the parents/guardians afraid of the childcare providers? Do they want their kids it soak in our faith?
But besides asking why, I also get mad. Sometimes kids are not as cute as you think they are. I know, I know, that's not very UU of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment