Saturday, February 7, 2015

Playtime and Coupons

I realize my getting things done around the house is very if-you-give-mouse-a-cookie- ish. If I want to give someone a bath or take a shower, I should first clean the tub and vacuum the bath mat. If I take the vacuum out of the basement closet, I might as well vacuum the basement rug and the main floor rugs. If I'm upstairs with the vacuum, I should do the bedroom rugs too. Putting away the kid's laundry reminds me I should clean and organize their closets. If I'm moving closet stuff around, there is stuff in my closet that needs shuffling too. Things start to spiral and before I know it, I'm in the middle of several chores. But it doesn't seem that my 'work on it until I'm done' idea goes any smoother.

We went to Barnes&Noble story time today. The Boy sat for a few minutes and we had to move to the Thomas The Tank Engine table. Also, he had several meltdowns while I was trying to leave the store. We almost lost a boot. I had to carry him out while pushing a stroller. And he tried to run out into traffic but luckily my reflexes are faster than I thought. We saw a couple and their kid who we had lost contact with after The Boy's first birthday party. We were friendly, but it was a little awkward.

We also went to Cold Stone Creamery because I had a BOGO birthday coupon. We gave The Boy quite a suger rush. At Walgreens, I got:
1 tropical V8 Splash
1 berry V8 Splash
1 bottle of soothing Johnson&Johnson baby powder
1 bottle of calming Johnson&Johnson baby powder
The juice was on sale 2/$4, regularly $2.99 each
Baby powder was on sale for $3.49, usually $5.49 each
I had a $1/2 coupon for the juice and a $1.50/2 for the baby powder.
I saved 50%.

We had an unexpected but fun play date at the house. Two other moms, a husband, a 2 month old, and a 16 month old. Lots of toys came out, yelling occurred, but it was fun. The Boy is good at sharing and The Baby is getting very mobile and has a great smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment