Saturday, August 20, 2016

Yard Sale Year Two

Yes, this is my second consecutive yard sale, and my second in this house. First, the bad news: there is massive construction on my street, so I was relegated to the garage. Also, this woman and her two kids and dog kept shopping after giving me the money, and I woefully miscalculated. So she got two t-shirts for free, basically. On the upside, she did know who Flogging Molly is, so I know the shirt went to a good home. I am trying not to let it bother me, but it makes me sad that I am so bad at math...I just get so nervous, especially when there is an audience.
The good news: most of the stuff I got for free, so I make a profit on almost everything. And most things are a $1, so people are willing to pay. And I made double my goal, (which was really low, but reachable).
Just want to give a shout out to my wonderful Hubs and BIL who put up about 10 signs today. I think they really helped with the flow of traffic. I also posted on YardSaleSearch.com and Gsalr.com because I subscribe to those sites and the posting was free.
I'm looking forward to selling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment