Friday, December 18, 2015

Promises and Bulk Purchases

The Boy is at the age where he remembers what I tell him. If I mention that so-and-so is coming over, he'll wait by the window. He remembers items we eat, the days things happen, and other interesting tidbits about our life.
I told him on the way to the store that we would be going to the library
("the one with the train")
after the store. I gave myself an out, and said that if we took too long at the store, we wouldn't have time for the library. Luckily, we all hustled and we were able to get to the library.
When I tell my boys something, I want to make sure that I'm telling the truth. When The Boy asks to go do something, ( go for a hike, go ice skating, and see a sunset) I put it in my journal, in my to-do list so I don't forget to schedule it. And if he asks me a question I don't know about, I try to figure out the answer. I'm writing this to remind myself to keep doing what I'm doing. I want the trust to be there between me and the kids (and the Hubs too, but that's obvious). I want to them to be able to come to me with their problems, and I want them to believe what I tell them.

The store we went to is a bulk store, no membership fee. They send me coupons with their sale papers. I got a big box of chicken fingers, for the boys, for $5.30, which I think is a pretty good deal. I don't even eat those.

No comments:

Post a Comment