Tuesday, December 22, 2015

This Christmas

I got a book from the library. Quickly chosen , from the 'Season's Readings' section, on the ground floor, right by the Children's Section. I saw the title, with it's hearts and sexy font, out of the corner of my eye, and I grabbed it right before I grabbed my youngest from running into the men's bathroom. So far it's pretty good; about a woman whose marriage is falling apart, so during a separation both husband and wife have taken steps to make themselves better. They are both exercising, and the wife, annoyingly, has started putting on make-up, coloring her hair, and buying/wearing better clothes. I like the story because of the mom/wife take on life (I recognize that we are all different, but there are similar struggles).

I doubled the recipe for my Christmas cookies, and I doled them out, and now I'm eating an exceptional amount of them. Tis the Season.

When I found myself at Aldis today, I realized I was the quintessential hot mess of a mom. My hair was a frizzy mess, my make-up was minimal, and I was wearing my winter down coat, all zipped up. My khakis were gigantic on me, dragging on the floor, and sagging at my butt. I was shuffling around, noticing only my kids, and realizing that I was not portraying myself in the best light. I don't want to be that lady. On the upside, I got my list all checked off and I used my coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment