Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Flax!

I like to read stay-at-home-mom/homemaker blogs. One blog (and of course I forgot it's address), said that being a homemaker should be considered one's job. But in a more intense way. Folks study and read about their career aspirations, so folks should read articles and books about homemaking. I think that's true. The author also mentioned that homemaking takes practice and work. Homemakers need to work on their skill set-like working on new recipes. And I would have read more, but than things got very Jesus-y and they tried to sell me The Ultimate Homemakers Guide.

So this evening I tried two new recipes:
Fried Rice
I used a fresh onion but canned peas and carrots. The peas got smooshed in the shuffle.
No egg, because I hate egg in fried rice.
I used new rice. And made way more than necessary.
My rice didn't really fry! Just got smooshed and clumpy.
The Hubs and The Baby really liked it! The Boy refused to eat it. Ok, he had a few bites. I thought it was ok.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Instead of chips I used plain M&Ms.
Instead of flour, I used ground flaxseed.
And instead of 1/3 cup brown sugar I accidentally put in 1 1/3 cup! I tried to pull out as much as I could.
The flaxseed is certainly there...
The cookies spread out and covered the whole cookie sheet. So the consistently is much more chewy.
Now we know.
Also, I set off the smoke alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment