Monday, April 27, 2015

Mommy Gear

I left the house once today, to go grocery shopping. My digital coupon didn't go through. But the woman in line in front of me gave me all her Monopoly cards/coupons. Lucky number 13!
While shopping, a woman asked me about the baby carrier I have. We had a nice little chat. Her baby appeared to have jaundice. But who knows?
Today I wore a hoodie, an over-sized t-shirt, unremarkable jeans, and old Adidas sneakers. I also have (and wore) a leather biker/ punk-rock jacket. I felt like I was in some kind of sad Mommy uniform. It is what it is.

I love the way The Baby feels in my arms. I love the way he fits in my nook, the way his soft hair feels on my cheek. And I love the way he hugs me back.

The Boy is making great strides in his language. He says
"Yeah" and "yes"
More often now. And he told me his ankle was feeling better. I feel like we can have conversations now. And that is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment