Friday, October 9, 2015

Tangible

When The Hubs came home, he was annoyed that the house wasn't neat or tidy. It wasn't a complete disaster, but it wasn't ready for guests. I felt obligated to list all the house-related tasks I had completed.

The work that I do is not always tangible. I care for my kids, dealing with toilets and diapers, making snacks and delivering juice. The evidence of this are the juice stains on the floor, the crumbs on table, and the pee dribbles by the toilet. We go on field trips to the library, store, parks, and special events. The evidence of this is The Boy's story-telling and chatter, and the numerous photos I take.

My biggest challenge is flowing from one activity to the next. While I get dressed and put on make-up, the kids watch tv. (I know, I know, awful). Sometimes I can't get us going to the next activity because The Baby needs to drive his trucks, or because The Boy won't put on his pants.

With this work, there are not always progress reports, or markers to show how far we've come. Sometimes I wish there was. But I love this work.




No comments:

Post a Comment