Sunday, October 4, 2015

Freebies And Foraging

I've taken it upon myself to get me and my family daily freebies or foraged/ scavenged items. I get my freebies from freebies.org, coupons (the fruit for kids at Jewel, or the Jewel MyMixx app), or clubs/ promotions. Or free samples at the store.

My foraged items include such gems as the dandelion leaves I've been harvesting and adding to our meals. The Hubs hates them, but I think they are good for us, and I'm proud I've gotten something from my yard on the table. I also encourage my boys to walk through the allies with me so we can scavenge items. We've found toys, money, and baskets. I believe this is good work. We're getting outside, we're not running to the store, we're helping the environment, and we're honing our skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment