Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year Resolutions

I, like everyone, have a lot of things I would like to change about myself. And like most people, I'm not 100% sure how to start my new regime change.
I know that resolutions are infamously short-lived and impulsively decided. I know that in order to create change in my life I need to start small and be diligent about making those changes. I also know that change is hard. At least for me. I have listed my New Year Resolutions below, along with my musings and thoughts about them.
New Year Resolutions:
1) Get places on time.
I recently read an article (that I found on Facebook) that stated that being late is disrespectful, shows disorganization, and is a time-waster. We all knew that, of course. And although it is hard to plan for The Boy having tantrums, refusing to get dressed, and being unable to find his shoes, I know that one or all of things can happen. Particularly if we are already running late. So my resolution is to remember that these things happen, and plan accordingly.
Being on time also indicates a sense of order in my life, and a sense of control I have over it. Being on time would also indicate that I have good time management (which presently is not true).
2)Blog everyday and work on blog (like getting links linked and managing Google AdSense).
I feel that if I wrote about something relating to motherhood, or coupons, everyday it would help me work on my writing skills. And thinking about how to explain my life in written form would help me hone my communication skills. Thinking about what to write about would also allow me to really pay attention to what is going on. (That seems counter intuitive, but it seems to work for me).
3) Be more organized.
I don't have a whole lot of strategies for doing this. But I think if I focus on putting things away and getting my house in order I will feel more organized. My focus right now is the house (and of course, the kids and hubs) because if our home is askew, we will most likely feel askew when we're out in the world.
Good luck to me on these resolutions! There are a few other things I could work on, but I feel these are wide enough to encompass lots of issues and narrow enough to focus. We'll see! Wish me luck!
Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year ! I need to organize but have a hard time focusing, hopefully this year is better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well! You seemed pretty organized and focused when we worked together...but I totally get that. Good luck!

      Delete