Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Chuckie Cheese

Several months ago, The Hubs and The Boy went to Chuckie Cheese's and came back with a little cup of tokens. Finally, we made it back tonight. Man, was it crazy! First, we got our hands scanned with some kind of light. When we left, the guy made sure all our lights matched so there wasn't any kid-snatching. Whoa!
We got in there, and it was more crowded than I expected for a Tuesday. The Hubs went to order food and tokens. Yes, I had a coupon. And the kids were a little hesistant about getting started. The Boy seemed to remember a few things from last time. The Baby loved the little rides! He was excited about trying to put the tokens in by himself.
When we finally got the food, the kids were wound up! The Boy had figured out some of the games, and he remembered to grab his tickets, and he was stoked to be there. The Baby was getting fussy and a little tired and couldn't play the games. But he was happy to try to climb up the slide.
I thought maybe that with both me and The Hubs there, one of us would get to rest or relax or something. Why I would think that is beyond me. a
When we left, there was a minor meltdown in the car because I told the kids that we had to go to bed when we got home.
 I didn't realize that one night of eating fast food and drinking a bunch of pop would make me feel so blah. I must be cooking more clean than I thought I was. We very rarely go out to eat and we very rarely get take-out. I have a pop maybe every few weeks. So I'm feeling a little guilty about giving my kids all that 'juice' and pizza. But they didn't inhale it like I thought they would.
Oh, and I saw a girl I knew in high school; we literally ran into each other. She probably doesn't remember me because I wasn't as cool as she was. I didn't say anything to her.
All in all, we had a pretty good time. I like to do stuff like that because I wasn't really allowed to when I was a kid. The Hubs likes activities like that. The novelty of it hasn't worn off. And I got to use a coupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment