Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Banana-Chip Bars

I had no idea how much I talked to/yelled at people until I lost my voice. Not completely, of course. Its just kind of squack-ish, hoarse, and whispery.

This recipe is from my grandmother's book. (Mine now, she gave it to me for Christmas.) Better Homes and Gardens Homemade Cookies Cook Book:
Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar 
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed (1 cup)Stir
...
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 6oz package semisweet chocolate pieces (1 cup) ( I got mine on clearance from Jewel)

Directions:
Cream butter and sugars, till fluffy. Add egg, and vanilla; beat well. Stir in banana. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture, beat well. Stir in chocolate pieces. Spread in greased and floured 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch baking pan. (I forgot to grease and flour my pan, and the expected happened. Although not as bad as I thought.) (And I used my glass 13x9 pan.)
My husband says these are one of the best things I have ever made. But he was really hungry. Still, delicious. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment