Saturday, June 4, 2016

Family Fun Fest

We were out for about an hour and a half at something called Family Fun Fest. We made our donation and got our passports, and we to a few local businesses and played some carnival type games and got a few prizes. It was really fun to be doing something like that with the boys; for activities like that I usually want The Hubs there. Most of the trip was spent walking; The Baby wanted to drag my umbrella down the street and flipped out when I tried to use it. But we got candy and pencils and a sticker, and we were pretty pleased with ourselves.
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of lame. And somehow it did seem a little sad...but I'm still glad we went. The kids had fun. Even if I think the event is blah, I hope I will always make sure to keep that from my kids. I remember overhearing two parents talking about how lame Halloween and trick-or-treating is, and how they hoped it would be over soon. Meanwhile, their kids are listening and making their costumes and looking really upset.
I'm looking forward to the next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment