Wednesday, June 8, 2016

We have renegade mint growing in our front yard, amid the thistles and geraniums. Only a few stalks, and I grabbed a few leaves to make mint-ginger tea. Pretty good. Also, I think I might use the mint as a substitute for essential oils in a face scrub I'll be making.

I'm pretty sure that me reading all these homemaking, homesteading, recipe, DIY, whatever books give me inspiration to create more. I'm more sure of myself in the kitchen (so my subsitutes are less weird!), I'm able to repurpose easier, and after reading about a project I can usually create that piece without following the instructions verbatim. I would like to get to a point where I don't need to look up stuff online so frequently and I can just trust my gut, or have a project in mind already, or consult one of my recipe/sewing books from the '70's.

Speaking of not looking stuff up online: allrecipes.com
I made Sophie's Zucchini Bread, found on that website.

No comments:

Post a Comment