Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer Solstice

We celebrated the Summer Solstice in the backyard, with a bonfire and the kiddie pool. I gave thanks for what is, and did some prayer. I tried to explain to the boys what Summer Solstice is, and why it is important to acknowledge. I'm not sure it sunk in, but they did like the s'mores.

One of my coupons at CVS didn't go through, but I got another worker to give me the dollar back in cash. He was super-nice! I had to show him my email conformation to get my free 8x10, and I told him the date on the coupon that didn't scan, but I was really pleased to see that he started off our transaction by giving me the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't lying, obviously, and I gave him my proof, but it was nice to not have to deal with folks who think I might be hustling. I went by myself because my mom had dropped by with some food, and she offered to stay while I ran out. Thanks, Mom!
I got 3 boxes of Kleenex for free; they were 3/$3 and I had an instant coupon (from the coupon machine in the front) and I had a $2 Extra Buck coupon. And I got some Folgers coffee for $5.99 before tax. So I paid $6.33 for 30oz of coffee, an 8x10, and three boxes of tissue. Pretty good!

The Baby and I went to the library for their Coloring Party, which was lovely. We colored some print-outs and he was really into it. I was pretty into my own coloring. We left after about 15 minutes, because The Baby started putting the markers in his nose. After coloring I went to get a murder mystery and romance novel. I have other, more scholarly books that I should be reading. But I'm grown and read what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment