Monday, September 26, 2016

Apple Bake

I love old recipes, old ('vintage') recipe books, and the feelings that go along with them. For Christmas one year, I asked my grandmother for her old recipes/recipe books. And she gave me a lovely recipe 'library' where-in the cook can insert her own recipes. On a notecard, of course.
I found a recipe using apples, which I needed. But the recipe is unclear. I called my grandmother for clarification. But she could offer none. After I made the dish, I recognized it from my childhood.

Simmer apples (I used five smallish ones) 1/3 cup butter
put into pan (I sautéed the apples with butter, and mixed the other stuff in the casserole dish)
1/2 c. milk  1/2 c. flour  1 tsp sugar
3 eggs
500 5 min (I made mine in 450 degrees, for ten minutes)
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon for 5 min (I used brown sugar. And forgot to put it back in the oven)

Hope yours turns out as good as mine did!

No comments:

Post a Comment