Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Library

I read an article, forget where of course, about finding your 'mom tribe'. I would say with certainty that I don't have one. I have a few moms my age, with similar life experience and backgrounds, with kids around my kids' ages. We hang out sometimes, and text, and call each other. But pretty infrequently. Anyone else have a mom tribe?

We went to a neighboring library, where we maxed out on the number of materials we could get. I chatted with the librarian about all kinds of mom stuff and she found books relevant to my kids. But I'm pretty sure I overshared. And another mom and I talked and she was really nice and we laughed about mom stuff, but I'm pretty sure I overshared with her too. I wish I could have interactions without being so over-analytical afterwards.
On the upside, this library has great resources. And for some reason, during this trip, the librarians were particularly helpful and friendly. I got a calendar so we can plan out our next events. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment