Friday, September 9, 2016

Decluttering and Photos

The Hubs is freaking out about the amount of stuff I may or may not have. I'm pretty sure we need almost all of it.
I cleaned out a drawer today, and found an envelope of photos. I spent some of the afternoon putting photos in my scrapbook and some in my photo album. They happen to be photos from The Hub's childhood, and from a visit with family in 2010, 2012, and 2013. It was nice to look at them again. Part of my job in this family includes being the memory-maker and memory-preserver. Yes, I know, memory is so subjective, so fluid, so questionable (in some cases). But I am the one who albums photos, who creates the scrapbooks and who takes photos of many experiences. My hope is that one day, we can all gather around the albums and reminisce.

No comments:

Post a Comment