Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Unseasonably Warm With A Cold Front

It is unseasonably warm, but not record-breaking, outside today. Sunny and beautiful and I want the kids to play outside. But they are sick! And I just don't know if they need that kind of non-relaxing activity.
I had a few plans today, including voting early, going to Target with a mailer coupon for Halloween clearance (among other things), and going to the library to get the books I requested. The only thing we did was get the books because if you don't pick them up within three days, they reshelf them. And I requested a 'cozy mystery' from another library. (Who knew that was even a genre?) We went in, my kid was coughing, there was a minor meltdown because I told The Boy that there was a dinosaur book for him but it was actually a bug book. And we returned a few items, and checked out our reserved items and got the heck out of there.
When we got home, we watched Scooby Doo, ate some popcorn and a few kid-friendly cough drops, and went to bed.
Luckily, I plan my schedule far enough ahead so that pushing my voting and shopping trip back shouldn't be a huge problem. If the kids get better quick.
Tomorrow they are scheduled to get their flu shots, which obviously won't happen if they are still sick. Perhaps the doctor will see them? I hope it is nothing serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment