Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

I just started looking a beautiful book I got from the kids section at the library. Its called Giving Thanks-Poems, Prayers, and Praise Songs of Thanksgiving.

As soon as I got into the car after our Thanksgiving feast at my mom's, I started to get some anxiety. I got worried about what I said, but shouldn't have, and I worried about what I didn't say, but should have. I worried about what my kids were doing, and should I have been watching them more than I was? I worried about whether or not my potatoes were good enough for consumption.
All my worrying makes me forget how blessed I am. I try my best to remember my graditute list. I am truly thankful for everything I've gone through, and everything I have, and my memories made and unmade.

No comments:

Post a Comment