Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Flu Shot

All day long I had been telling The Boy that just The Baby was getting shots. It did not occur to me that we would be able to get the flu shots there too. The Baby received documents in the mail letting us know that he needed some vaccines crucial to his age.
For the record, I believe in vaccines. I don't understand all the science of them, but I feel that vaccines prevent outbreaks (of preventable diseases). Vaccines prevent horrifying, widespread death, and they prevent sick days. I know that there are articles claiming that vaccines cause death and autism and other issues no one would wish on the children of their worst enemy. However, I also read articles about how all that anti-vaccine fervor was bad science, made-up facts, and blatant lies.
So I got The Baby his age-required vaccines and The Boy and I got our flu shot. The Boy kept yelling,
"No Mama! I will NOT get a shot! No!"
He got it anyway, cried, and his tears dried up when I offered him a Dum-Dum.
The Baby screamed and screamed and he shook with anger and pain as I held him. He got a lollipop too.
My flu shot was the least painful I've ever received. Although my arm is sore. I did not get a lollipop. But I am pleased to note that the flu shots were free, and The Baby's were $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment