Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Motherhood

Before going to the library, I put a book on hold. It was another book on housekeeping and decluttering. I'll let you know if I let it change my life. But we also reached another milestone in The Boy's life of literacy! I asked him if he wanted me to put a book on hold for him, and he said that he wanted a book on monsters. So I scrolled through the list of disturbing adult monster books, and found a LEGOLAND book on monsters. Which he chose. His first ever book on hold! I, being the true nerd I am, was very pleased.
My husband recently read a statistic, from who-knows-where, which stated that 2/3 of low-income households do not have children's books in their home. For the sake of the children, I hope this is not the case. And I hope that those families have library books in their house, or at least make trips to the library.
At our library, The Baby found a plastic bin of green, purple, brown and gray Styrofoam pieces, with little dino skeletons, and two plastic shovels. It was an archeological dig kit! How adorbs. In all our time there, I had never noticed it before.
As always, we had a great time at our library.

No comments:

Post a Comment