Monday, February 15, 2016

Adler Planetarium

Yes, we took advantage of the free day at Adler Planetarium! My mom came with us, and paid the exoburant parking fees. We thought it would be easier and faster to drive. I found out about the free days from the Oaklee newsletter. When we got there, we wanted to find the play area for the kids, but we unable to locate it until almost the end of the trip. We wandered around, and the kids had a blast in a darkened hallway with moving star constellations. I recognized some people I used to ring up at Walgreens, which was terrible because I dislike them. But luckily they didn't recognize me.
The Adler obviously has a lot of interesting exhibitions and they are mostly known for their movie-theater-like shows about stars and the universe. We really didn't get to read through any of the exhibitions, because the kids don't stand still enough for that.
I think the trip was a success because no went missing, no one had a breakdown, we didn't get too hungry, we saw some cool stuff, and there was fun had by all. On the way there and home, we all got a chance to chat.  I was very pleased with the outing.

2 comments:

  1. next time let me know when you go, I can get you in for the shows and I would be able to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! Thanks! I'll be sure to take you up on that offer.

    ReplyDelete