Thursday, February 18, 2016

Free Movies

One of the things that worry me about my future, is that I am not terribly self-motivated. I tend to do things 'as the spirit moves'. I falter in knowing what I should do next, relying on my bizarre and varied to-do list. I know that I need to 'work hard' at raising my children, keeping my marriage alive and thriving, and creating my home into the cozy retreat I want it to be. I need to work hard at the red tape of our society (insurance issues, doctor's appointments, school stuff, social security issues, employment...the list goes on). I also like to work on crafts, coupons, and photo projects. The point is, there is a lot of stuff I want to do. And stuff I need to do. But I'm concerned I take too long to get stuff done, and I take too many breaks, and I seem to lack the ability to keep going about my business. I wonder if I can just will myself to be different.

A few weeks ago, in the Jewel-Osco ad paper, I made my shopping list based on my coupons and on-sale items. If I purchased $30 worth of P&G items, I would get a Catalina coupon for a free movie ticket. I knew from previous purchases like this, I would not receive an actual ticket, I would receive a code to enter. Which I did. There was a far-away expiration date (in my experience, it is always wise to use as soon as possible), a website and a code. I had to register with my email address and name, then I got an email with the ticket that I needed to print out. My grandmother's computer did not allow me to access that website, so I printed it at my mom's house. So this morning we hung out with my step-father and the dogs and all the great toys they have over there. And I got a free movie ticket! For less than a $30 purchase on items I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment