Monday, February 8, 2016

Driving to Doctor Appointments

This morning I picked up my father-in-law from his house in Chicago. Its about a half hour drive, so me and the kids spent about an hour (maybe more) in the car this morning. Driving with my father-in-law causes a lot of tension because our conversation is strained.

During the kid's nap I finished my napkin. I have been hand-sewing napkins from an old, ripped pillowcase. My second one is much better. Now I'm on my third. I really like the idea of turning something old and used into something new and useful.

It turns out my FIL needs a lot of care. He needs contrasting plates, and tape on the toilet, and extra handrails and 24 hour care. I didn't realize he was so sick, and I didn't realize he needs so much care. I feel pretty awful about leaving him to his own devices, and not being more helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment