Friday, February 26, 2016

Two Ladies Estate Sale

We went to our first-of-the-year estate sale today! And although I love the voyeuristic element to shopping in someone's home, I noticed that my haggling and price awareness needs A LOT of work. I am a really nice haggler. I admire the quality of the items, then only go down a fraction of the listed price. Sellers usually go with my plan because of the two adorable kids I have in tow. But today, one of the Two Ladies, told me that the puzzles (the old-school wood kind, with wonderful artistic images) were $1 each, even though they were marked at $2. So when she writing up the receipt, I should have said something...but I didn't. And I didn't haggle at all! I don't know what I was thinking. I really need to get on the ball with that stuff. I don't feel cheated, because the prices were on the items, and The Boy got a 'free' ball. And although I didn't get the price even lower, I know that I paid far below retail. And they said my kids my adorable and very well-behaved. True!

With that purchase, I got a little worried about income and selling my stuff. So I decided to try to sell a few books. I sold to Half Price Books one time, and they gave me a coupon and a $1 for a whole bag of books. I guess I should have been insulted, but I took it. I just get so worried about selling off my stuff...my mother kept a lot of my children's books, and now my kids read them. That melts my heart. And I recently found a box of books that showed me how I became me. Looking at what I read, and knowing my thoughts surrounding the  literature I was able to draw a lit line from then to now. Anyway, I don't like to get rid of my stuff. I'm afraid I'll need it, I like it for the memories, and I want stuff for my kids. My thoughts only make sense for a few items.

I am looking forward to my skills showing through at the estate sale I have scheduled for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment