Thursday, January 14, 2016

Birthday!

Today is The Boy's birthday! As with many birthdays, I woke up and immediately put pressure on myself to make this a great day for him. I think he had a good day, but not much better or worse than any other. (Besides the gifts and the visit from my mom.) We didn't have anything planned, but I realized we should get some food for his chicken tacos which he requested for dinner tonight. So we belatedly left for the store at about 9:50am.
On my list was a few sale items, baking items, and taco items. We shopped at Vallei Produce, and my receipt shows I paid 98 cents for a dozen eggs. I bought three dozen, and at the bottom of my receipt says I saved $1.53 for a 'Vallei Sale'. I've seen that happen before when I purchased two gallons of milk at a time. I can't be sure, but I think there is discount for purchasing the limit of certain sale items. I'll take it!

The Boy will not be opening his gifts during his party. Even with just us four tonight, he got a little wild and over-excited. It was hard to contain the madness. I should have embraced the silly, but all I could think of was the mess and stress.

We will be having guests over for dinner tomorrow night, and The Boy's party is on Saturday and with a few comments, The Hubs has me freaking out. As usual, I feel that my house is in disarray. I just cannot seem to get things under control. Maybe I go to slow, maybe I get caught up in my thoughts, maybe I prioritize badly. Who knows? And I saw a spider behind my headboard that I was unable to catch. But if these are the things I need to worry about, I think me and my family are doing ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment