Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Baby

The Hubs and I finally got our shit together and got the kids out for our respective parent/son playdate. The Hubs took The Boy out on a bunch of errands, and I took The Baby to the park.
On the way to the park, I found a dime. At the park I found a penny, and on the way home I found a dime. The Baby seemed pretty excited by even our walk. He was pointing out stuff, and I think he calls all dogs by our dog's name. At the park there were young basketball players, maybe middle school. I was alarmed to find myself a little scared to go to the park with them there. We went anyway, but left after about ten minutes because The Baby wouldn't stop trying to walk toward them, presumably to get their ball. On the way home, I had some trouble wrangaling him to walk on the sidewalk (not the street) and towards home (and not meandering). He really loved the puddles.
"Water", he said, in a slightly waivery voice.
And then he would stomp in the puddle, turn around, walk back in, and stomp again. When we got home, his pants, socks, and shoes were soaked with cold ice-puddle water and mud. I also got muddy, of course. I was really pleased to hang out with him. He shows such interest in the world, and I was happy to give him my attention while he focused on the interesting things around him. This morning I was able to hang out with him in the rocking chair. He drank his milk, I drank my coffee, and we read books.
Also on the way home, I scored some Sunday coupon inserts from a recycling bin. Ready to start clipping tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment