Friday, January 29, 2016

Sweet Potato Pie

This morning we made a sweet potato pie. The kids helped, more or less. I got the recipe from taste of home website, tasteofhome.com
I didn't realize I only had one egg until after things were already being mixed. I looked up online what a good egg substitute was, and found that condensed milk was listed. So instead of the amount called for in the recipe ( 3/4 cup, I think) I used the whole can. Which was more than necessary. The pie solidified well, but we haven't tasted it. I hope it turns out!

I'm also planning on making soup for tonight's dinner. I need to start boiling my veggie nubs for the stock. I have potatoes and some canned veggies. And spices, which are a necessity. We have leftover biscuits, which I will heat up with some cheese. My husband doesn't appreciate my soup, so he is planning his own dinner, I think.

There is so much on my to-do list and I am struggling to get everything done!

I am really trying to be present for my children. I don't want to keep multi-tasking in their presence. I want them to know that I value their needs, their feelings, and their activities. But I am with them so frequently that I am unclear on how to get actual stuff done. Perhaps I need to reorganize my priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment