Friday, January 8, 2016

Time-Stealers

Oh. My. Goodness. I am guilty. I am guilty of allowing minor time-stealer's to effectively run me off course. I decide that I will look at Facebook 'just for a minute', and that 'minute' almost invariably ends up being twenty, or thirty. I think to myself that perhaps I can just read this one chapter of my book. And depending on the book, it might be far more than one chapter. Sometimes I get caught up in my obscure Internet searches, such as the pressing need to find health insurance for the kids, finding preschool activities, and looking a craft sites. But the problem with these searches, as pressing as they may be, is that they have not been scheduled, and they are taking place in the midst of my busy day when I should be doing something else. I am also guilty of watching t.v., which dulls the senses and deadens the mind. Usually. And I am a putterer; I flit around my house moving objects around and not actually accomplishing anything. These habits are annoying and unhelpful, and sometimes I have a lot of trouble resisting the urge to do them. Sometimes I have to consult my to-do list so I know what I should be doing. I make those lists so I can remember what in the hell I should be doing.

On the upside, we made it to the Exploritorium again! And we were able to meet up with my friend and her baby. We were not able to talk much, for logistical reasons. But it was nice to see her, and to chat for a few minutes.

At CVS, the cashier said that all my Extra-Care Bucks were denied because the card and the coupons didn't match. I was very calm. She said she would override the issue, and give me the savings. But she insisted that I typed in the wrong number (she typed it in) and that I have multiple cards in my household (I don't). I was very proud of myself for staying so calm and relaxed, because I recognized that this was a cashier issue. And I was going to get my savings anyway, so it wasn't like she was trifling. The good news is that I can get another milk for the sale price because it didn't get rung up on my CVS card. Bad news is that I need to go back to that CVS because the Extra-Buck I received for purchasing milk needs to be approved by someone who knows that cashier. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment