Thursday, January 7, 2016

No Heat

At 6am, The Hubs woke me up to tell me I had to move all the stuff from around the furnace. Because sometime in the middle of the night, the furnace went out.
The Hubs drove my father-in-law home, then rushed around trying to get all the parts and help he needed.
Our inside temperature got down to about 51 degrees. I decided to stick it out, and keep us home, save for a quick trip (and a long meltdown) to Menards. I felt like maybe it would be more disruptful if I tried to hang out at my mom's all day. We hung out upstairs in the bedroom, and watched about an extra hour 1/2 of t.v. which I feel bad about.
Today I felt like I was ignoring the kids. Whether I was or not, is up for debate. I played blocks, but I left them alone while they were watching t.v. (Very poor judgement on my part; it resulted in a blow to the head for The Baby, resulting in a bump on the head.)
The heat is on in my house, because of the hard work done by The Hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment