Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mango Cookies

The kids and I were on point today. I thoroughly explained to them what was going to happen next, followed through, and had a great time.

The Boy went to his last YWCA swimming class today, and he did really well. I'm so proud of him! And I totally recommend YWCA.

I thought that we would be able to get our free cone for Free Cone Day at Carvel Ice Cream Shoppe, but we could not. Bummer. On the upside, we got to play at a nearby playground. The Boy, unprovoked, pushed another kid, who burst into tears. Luckily, the kid's grandma was not upset.
The Hubs got home later than expected, so me and the kids ate without him. We had sautéed kale and white rice. The Boy liked it. The Baby only liked the rice.

The Boy and I made cookies, and I realized that I was a little hard on him about making the cookies 'right'. I don't like him getting his hands in everything, but that is just the kind of guy he is. We made mango cookies (I bought a case the other day). Recipe is here: www.cooks.com/recipe/283uf9gb/mango-cookies.html
I did not pack my brown sugar, and I think me and The Boy mixed our dough a little too much (he likes the handheld mixer). The cookies were a little dense. And they are not as sweet as I thought they would be. But I like 'em!

The Hubs came home, and we all played outside in the yard. It was so nice to be at home.

Good day, all around.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome recipes! I think tomorrow I shall give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that website! (cooks.com) I often have a surplus of one ingredient, so it's nice to have a resource for an ingredient-search recipe.
    Let me know what you thought of those cookies!

    ReplyDelete