Monday, April 4, 2016

Soup and Kisses

This morning I had no plans, so I just puttered around trying to get stuff done. The kids asked for projects, so we did a few. During the time that I was puttering (and getting stuff done) I noticed that my kids tear into things like none other. I'm not even sure how it happens, but it seems my house is always a wreck. I have decided that unless the stuff will be ruined (like my paperwork and jewelery) I do not care. It is what it is.

It took us 45 minutes to walk the two blocks to the mailbox, and back. We started our trip with the dog, but I had to put her back in the house because it was to hard. I felt bad for the dog, who looked real sad. We walked through the alley because that is where the best stuff is found. The Boy loves to point out all the great things he finds,
"Look at this, guys! Wow!"
It is usually a piece of trash, but we found an Easter egg and a marble and a candle. Score!
I got so mad at them, for moving to slow, for not listening when I said not to go in other people's yards, for not putting the chicken bone down...and it made me feel sick inside. What is the big deal if they get dirty or this errand takes a long time? We have an in-house washing machine and no where else to go. By the end of the walk, I was feeling much more relaxed. In the future, I really want to be relaxed at the beginning of the field trip. I hate that I get a tone with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment