Friday, April 15, 2016

Playdate!

The boys and I went to a yard sale this morning. I had a list of things we 'needed', and The Boy asked someone who was working there if they had bouncy balls. The dog ate his yesterday, so he wants a replacement. Anyway, I shopped fast, my kids listened well, I got stuff that was on my list, and we got a great deal. I asked if the guy would take $7, but he was already giving me the broom for free. Stuff was marked, so I knew he was adding correctly. He took $8, and I got a free broom.

After the yard sale, I drove down the street and saw a good-looking park. We still had 45 minutes before naptime, so I parked and let them play. It was great! I think they got some energy out, it was a nice surprise, we had fun, and it was a beautiful day. Yes!

We finally had a playdate with a much-missed friend I haven't seen in a while. We tore up her house, cleaned it up, played outside with balls and bubbles. She and I talked about mothering, and it was nice to see that we are pretty much on the same page. I'm so glad we made time for each other.

We're looking forward to another great day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment