Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Screening

I took The Boy to a preschool screening, to get checked for cognitive, social/emotional, hearing and vision, and speech. I parked in the wrong parking lot and me and The Boy had to walk a few blocks. He wanted to play on the school playground and came up with lots of different ways of asking. Sadly, I had to say no because on the way to our appointment we were running late and on the way back we had to hustle because I had my stepdad watching The Baby.
If The Boy does need speech work, there are so many different ways he can get help. I didn't realize it, but he could go to group classes, individual sessions, and I can work with him at home. If he doesn't need early intervention (what a different meaning that word has now) then we'll just wait for him to outgrow his verbal pausing.
My mom told me about the preschool screening; I had no idea it was even a thing. My tax dollars at work! I'm so grateful it exists, and that my mom wants to help, and that everyone at the facility was lovely and non-judgmental (or they hid it well). They were not alarmed about my thoughts on doing homeschool preschool. I'm looking forward to getting the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment