Friday, May 8, 2015

DIY Homemaking

While I was reading about DIY homemaking and homesteading, The Hubs went out and got me a milkshake from Burger King. It is what it is.

I made cookies! Two batches and one batch was doubled. There are festivities coming up and I want to be ready. I also finished up the handmade gift I have for my mom. For Mother's Day, obviously.

Still reading Homeward Bound- Why Women Are Embracing the New Domesticity by Emily Matchar. It is very intriguing and well-researched. With her perspective, which I like.

For dinner I was going to have my bland, homemade potato and onion and bean soup. I even made the stock! I really didn't want just soup for dinner, and while I was giving The Baby his bottle, I suddenly thought of using the pie crust! So I made a calzone-shaped pot pie. I added cheese, paprika and some other kind of spice. It was pretty good! And I'm pleased about my creativity.



No comments:

Post a Comment