Friday, May 1, 2015

Ten More Minutes

We went to Gallery Park. On a Meet Up. I approached a mom, and we chatted for a few seconds. Nothing came of it. I had a sudden fear that I would never make a new Mommy friend.
 I heard a very odd domestic while I was changing The Baby on a park bench. A couple was walking down the sidewalk, next to the park, when he yells out,
"You fucking bitch!"
She said something inaudiable, possibly in a normal tone of voice. He said,
"I don't want to calm down! You ruined my fucking life!"
They walked away while he was still yelling.
There is a fountain at Gallery Park, in the summer it's super-crowded. Today it was just The Boy. Luckily I had a change of clothes for him.
Finally I chatted with another mom! She is an over-sharer like myself. Her kid is adorable, and very tank-like. Sadly, she talked a lot about 'beer-cations'. Which I am not at all into.
When I told The Boy we had to go because it was almost Naptime, he said,
"Mama, ten more minutes!"
I was really surprised, pleased, and kind of annoyed.

The Baby sits up now! It makes bathtime so much easier and more adorable. And he was able to sit in the sandbox today. Thank goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment