Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

At my church service yesterday, the sermon was about memories and remembering and taking time for family. And remembering the fallen soldiers, and making sure they didn't die in vain, or without those to remember them.

I am terrified of forgetting. I make lists for shopping trips and vacations. I try to journal after events and photograph during them. Many things I would love to forget, but those experiences and thoughts have been burned into my brain. However, I find myself seemingly to forget important things, things about my kids. I find myself having trouble filling out The Baby's baby book. Documentation of my life is a near-obsession with me, but I do feel like I live in the moment as well. I hope I do.

Let us live in the moment and take an opportunity to remember our soldiers. Not the reasons of the war, or what is must mean to make a decision to fight in them...but let us take a moment to remember the soldier (or Marine or Seal or whatever) as a person, to remember their hopes and thoughts and ideas. Let us remember, so we may not suffer that pain of forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment