Friday, May 22, 2015

Toy Story

We let the boy watch part of Toy Story sometimes. In the evening, before bed. I like to snuggle with him and watch it too. Sometimes it makes me cry!

I had to take my father-in-law to a doctor's appointment today, and I got my beloved step dad to watch the kids. I could only schedule the appointment during Naptime, so it was a blessing my stepdad could come by. He knows how to care for young children, and I totally trust him, but as I was leaving I started to see all the nuances of the stuff my kids do. The Boy's language is good enough so that I almost always understand him, but I'm the only one. And there are all the little additions to our routines that only Mama can do, like extra snuggles.

On Facebook, on saw (and read) two articles about kids that I think are noteworthy. One was a horrific article on child killers - kids who murder other kids- and the part that disturbed me most was the one about two 10-year-olds who abducted a 2 (!!) year old, tortured and beat him, then tied him to train tracks. My boy is 2 1/2, and to imagine him in that situation is terrifying. I cannot understand such cruelty. My only reprieve is to know that had the boys been supervised it probably would not have happened. What had the older kids seen or done to make them think their actions were ok?
The other article was about parents treating their kids on Facebook. It was pretty funny because I still feel young enough to identify with the kids, but as a parent, I hope I can have that kind of humor and wit regarding my kid's social media antics. Although it is likely I won't understand the newest social media they might use. What the hell is Twitter?

The Baby needed extra hugs today, because it appears he does not like my uncle-in-law. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment